So, although I am excited to have some time off, it is terrifying at the same time. How will I fill my days? What is rest? How does one recharge? What does it look like and feel like? And what if I am not ready to go back to work when it's over? So far, filling my days is not really a problem. I have taken on the task of painting my bathroom in between catching up with people around here. Then I will be doing some travelling. As to rest and recharging....I am hoping that becomes more clear as I take time to seek it. I guess I just have to live it out and trust the Lord to guide me.
I am trusting the Lord to give me the rest I need and to prepare me to go back when my break is over. Trust is not always easy for me, even in the Lord to do what's best for me. I have a great history with Jesus that professes that He takes care of me and will give me what I need, when I need it. However, that does not stop fear from rising up and gripping my heart at the most inconvenient times.
Fear and I know each other all too well. I long to be rid of it, but tend to embrace it when it returns. The Lord has been very gracious in the last few weeks, giving me a freedom from the fear of man that I have never experienced before. But it seems to be the way of faith that breakthrough is followed by testing.......
So as I start this journey, here's a sneak peak at my bathroom walls and I promise I will let you know at least a little of what I learn along the way!
This is only one coat but it doesn't look that bright in real life!

No comments:
Post a Comment