Monday, March 23, 2009

Canoeing? It's still winter!

Saturday we went canoeing! For those around here, spring is arriving, but in my Manitoban thought processes, it's still winter for at least another month. But spring runoff has come to most rivers around here and the days have been pretty warm, so off we went. I know that some people paddle year round, but I have never been one of those. The thought of getting geared up in the winter and finding a place to put a canoe does not thrill me. I would rather ski, hike or skate in the winter. However, Saturday was a great day and the sun was warm. We spent a couple of hours playing in the current, practicing our ferries, peel outs, C-turns and S-turns and generally having a good time. I portaged the canoe for the first time this season and we ran the little rapid from the top, which was fun. Here are some pictures of the river and us on the river that day!














2 comments:

  1. Kara!

    Who is this man in the drysuit and Esquif boat? He looks like someone I want to be friends with

    also, I can't wait to come take part in Iawah action this summer- maybe I'll get on some moving water while in the area! (wink wink)

    Ruthie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. go away, you're making me jealous with posts such as this one :(

    ReplyDelete