It's that time of year again, which is actually a first for me. The sap runs and we start boiling! It has been fun to watch and join the fun of making maple syrup! We have over 200 taps and have collected over 1100 litres of sap! From that amount we should finish with just over 30 litres of syrup........it's about a 40:1 ratio. Meaning 40 litres of sap boils down to 1 litre of syrup. We are hoping for another week of frost at night because then the sap flows. It's been flowing mightily this week but some more would be nice. The back yard has two boilers set up and we have been stoking the fire consistently for the last 3 days. Tonight we got the first batch of 16 litres. It's a medium colour and oh so tasty! I was careful not to drink enough to make my belly ache but it's SO good!
On a totally different note:
Boston was great fun and refreshing after an intense workshop! I learned a lot about facilitation (thank you Project Adventure) and received helpful feedback about how I could do it better. So after spending a weekend looking at myself and analyzing my skills, it was nice to relax and walk around Boston. We walked to Fenway Park and then to the Charles River and caught a glimpse of MIT. We spent some time in the next couple days walking around the Boston Commons, ate at Quincy Market and saw the Boston Harbour (sorry Dad, the tea is long gone)!! I spent some time in my favourite place, Starbucks, just enjoying being able to sit and relax and Liz's housemates were very accommodating, allowing me to sleep on the couch! Thank you Ladies, I loved hanging out with you and blessings on your next endeavours!
Boston was great fun and refreshing after an intense workshop! I learned a lot about facilitation (thank you Project Adventure) and received helpful feedback about how I could do it better. So after spending a weekend looking at myself and analyzing my skills, it was nice to relax and walk around Boston. We walked to Fenway Park and then to the Charles River and caught a glimpse of MIT. We spent some time in the next couple days walking around the Boston Commons, ate at Quincy Market and saw the Boston Harbour (sorry Dad, the tea is long gone)!! I spent some time in my favourite place, Starbucks, just enjoying being able to sit and relax and Liz's housemates were very accommodating, allowing me to sleep on the couch! Thank you Ladies, I loved hanging out with you and blessings on your next endeavours!
sounds like you had an amazing time in boston from several points of view. thanks for keeping me on your list of e-friends. i have not had the most of communicative years. too much work and too little play. just got back from two weeks of amazing holiday in puerto vallarta with sandra. i felt quite normal by the end of it!
ReplyDeleteblessings,
stew
alright, there's a new post on my blog, where's yours?
ReplyDelete