Thursday, April 21, 2011

Two weeks until we vote....again.

My feelings on the coming vote are mostly anger and frustration.  At first, I just wanted to slap some grown men and tell them to stop using every excuse they could think of to get themselves into power.  Now I want to slap both men and women, other politicians or reporters splashing headlines, who glory in the degradation and defamation of others.

Do they really think that another party will be less likely to make mistakes and do things differently?  Do they really think I will trust them more because they point out the faults of the current party in power?  Do I like that the Conservatives have made mistakes and hidden things from us?  Do I expect any more transparency and co-operation from another party if they come to power?

The answer to all these questions in my mind is NO.  I am not thrilled with some of the things coming to light about the Conservatives, however, neither am I anxious to give the government over to the leaders of the "coalition" coup attempt.  I am tired of them whining that they will do it better when we have learned over the years that nobody does it as well as they profess they will, once they are actually working within the confines of public office.

And really, do I really think that you will do a better job at governing when you slam the current people in office and cry wolf after every budget?  It actually makes me lose trust in you and your party because it makes you look like children fighting over a toy.

Why not stand for something instead of listing all the opponents faults and inconsistencies?  I am pretty sick of the whole thing.

So who will I vote for?  At this point, I am looking at the choices in my riding and am going to vote for the one I think will represent me best in the House of Commons, however, that may just fly in the face of the party I really think should govern us......so I will pray.  And then head to the polls when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment