Thank you for praying! It is working, but please keep it up. I have been mostly free of whatever dreadful illness I caught last month. I actually think I caught 2, as the first was feverish with a sore throat/dry cough (H1N1 perhaps?) and the second round ended up with slightly different symptoms. Unfortunately when I get tired, I still get this weird harsh cough and sometimes wake with a sore throat. So the doctor thought I had a sinus infection on top of it and gave me antibiotics, which seemed to help clear that up. Now we are on to Hayfever! I am not friends with Ragweed and don't think I ever will be. I am trying to ingest enough local honey to build up antibodies to help fight it. Symptoms are not as bad as last year, but I am still only comfortable and able to leave the Kleenex box, if I take Reactin every morning. So please keep praying for healing and thanking God that He has brought me through this far.
Fall at camp brings change and a full schedule this year. We are hiring more staff for the fall season and will have people on-site for the bulk of 2 months. We only have 1 day in September and 3 days in October where we don't have guests on-site. That is busy for us! It's good but a slower fall would have been nice.
The best news all week is that I have been to church 2 weeks in a row and feel like I am getting my life back. It is sad and not healthy that life shuts down for summer. I have always been frustrated when activities and groups hiatus during the summer (those few summers I spend in cities and not running off to camp) but working at camp full-time I would have trouble getting to them if they didn't take a break. This coming summer I am praying will be different. I am hoping to feel like my life outside of camp keeps going.
In the winter, in order to remain healthy, you have to find activities and groups to interact with off-site. And then in the summer, they all disband or I have no time to get to them. This is not healthy for summer. Being on-site, with only camp to focus on during the summer has made this last season hard for me. I don't mind the change in routine but at times I felt like I lost my friends, because most of them were fully engaged in camp. This does not work well for me. I need to have a social life that continues throughout the year. Not just "off season" social time. So the challenge for next summer will be to find more of a balance between camp and life.
My mindset and interactions have been different in the past too, as I was a seasonal camp staff. So my social life was built into the seasonal community structure but now I have to figure out where my social life comes from, as I can't build it around 2-4 months of staff being here and then try to restructure when they are gone. That seems like a no-brainer but has been a big adjustment in my thinking and the way I interact with staff.
My sad news is that my little sista has driven off into the sunset, literally west....back home. I will miss her greatly and have been blessed to get to know her as an adult. It sounds weird to say that but I moved away from home when she was 15 years old and have not lived in the same city as her, until this summer, 10 years later. So she is the same and different, all at once and it was so good to spend time with her. I love her a lot and miss her already!
We'll always have Moonbeam and Tuck Shop!!
Fall at camp brings change and a full schedule this year. We are hiring more staff for the fall season and will have people on-site for the bulk of 2 months. We only have 1 day in September and 3 days in October where we don't have guests on-site. That is busy for us! It's good but a slower fall would have been nice.
The best news all week is that I have been to church 2 weeks in a row and feel like I am getting my life back. It is sad and not healthy that life shuts down for summer. I have always been frustrated when activities and groups hiatus during the summer (those few summers I spend in cities and not running off to camp) but working at camp full-time I would have trouble getting to them if they didn't take a break. This coming summer I am praying will be different. I am hoping to feel like my life outside of camp keeps going.
In the winter, in order to remain healthy, you have to find activities and groups to interact with off-site. And then in the summer, they all disband or I have no time to get to them. This is not healthy for summer. Being on-site, with only camp to focus on during the summer has made this last season hard for me. I don't mind the change in routine but at times I felt like I lost my friends, because most of them were fully engaged in camp. This does not work well for me. I need to have a social life that continues throughout the year. Not just "off season" social time. So the challenge for next summer will be to find more of a balance between camp and life.
My mindset and interactions have been different in the past too, as I was a seasonal camp staff. So my social life was built into the seasonal community structure but now I have to figure out where my social life comes from, as I can't build it around 2-4 months of staff being here and then try to restructure when they are gone. That seems like a no-brainer but has been a big adjustment in my thinking and the way I interact with staff.
My sad news is that my little sista has driven off into the sunset, literally west....back home. I will miss her greatly and have been blessed to get to know her as an adult. It sounds weird to say that but I moved away from home when she was 15 years old and have not lived in the same city as her, until this summer, 10 years later. So she is the same and different, all at once and it was so good to spend time with her. I love her a lot and miss her already!
We'll always have Moonbeam and Tuck Shop!!
No comments:
Post a Comment