For me, the tile is to remind me that it's okay just to stand firm in the Lord. Just stand there. It is one tile. I can't tile the floor with it, can't walk down it like a road, can't even really move it when I am standing on it. But it is firm. It helps create a foundation. A solid place to put my feet. I stand on it.
My tile represents my foundation in the Lord, Yahweh, the God of Israel. So I stand on the Lord. In all the movement of my life circumstances (moods/emotions, thought-life, physical size fluctuations, job description changes, friendship changes, etc) I can stand firm on the foundation of Jesus as my Saviour and Lord. On God the Father, creating me for His pleasure and enjoyment. On Holy Spirit to strengthen me and hold me together. On Truth and on Love.
It's just a tile, but when I look at it, I am reminded that I am not my own but I stand because of the One who created me and He created me to be loved for eternity. I stand because that is all I have been able to do this winter, just stand there. I have not had the energy to gain ground, to learn and grow in the Lord or to increase my ministry opportunities. I feel exhausted and like a failure but I have stood my ground. I have stood on top of the foundation that my grandparents and parents laid for me, that I chose as a twelve-year-old and that I continue to choose today.
I am standing firm on the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And that is enough. Standing here is enough...............
but man has it been hard.

No comments:
Post a Comment